This campaign is being led by the WEA, for and on behalf of everyone involved in adult and community learning in the UK.
The Government is currently preparing its Spending Review for the next 5 years and adult education is under threat. All non-protected departments, including Business, Innovation and Skills which funds the WEA work, have been asked by the Chancellor to suggest cuts of 25% and 40%.
Here’s how you can support the campaign:
1. Write to your local MP
• Find their contact details at http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
• Write to them by letter or email or contact them via social media.
• Write also to the Chancellor George Osborne at HM Treasury, 1 Horse Guards Road, London, SW1A 2HQ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Spread the word on social media
• Use #saveadulteducation on twitter and facebook, and tell the world about the positive impact adult education has had on your life, family and community